Around the Etna tour
- 1st Day: leaving Catania (or any other pre-established location) at 8:00am with a guide to reach Mt. Etna. We will take a walk at 2,000 mt of altitude, along the millenary Silvestri Craters from which we can enjoy a wonderful view of the Jonio Sea, of the Calabria Region and of the city of Syracuse. The journey continues with the visit of the pistachios plantations n Bronte and, following that, a tasting of the typical pistachio products, among which the famous pistachio cake, pasta, pistachio “crunchies”, “pane cunzato” (local fresh bread with olive oil, pepper, salt etc. etc.), olives and much more!!!Then, you will receive the keys to your rooms at the I Cugi B&B. In the afternoon, we will visit of the Castle once belonged to Oratio Nelson. At night, you will come back to the B&B have dinner and rest in in your room.
- 2nd Day: after breakfast, we will leave at 9:00am with a guide to visit the Alcantara Gores along the pathway that goes across this gorgeous canyon dig by the Alcantara river. Then we will go for a walk on the beach of Giardini Naxos and you can have some free time to enjoy lunch at one of the typical gastronomy of the area. In the afternoon, we will reach Taormina to discover the fascinating history of the most famous tourist destination of Sicily. At 5:00pm, we will return to Bronte with a stop in Randazzo to do a little bit of wine tasting of the best wines produced in the Etna region. Then dinner at the B&B and time-out.
- 3rd Day: breakfast and the at 9am we will leave with a guide for Syracuse to visit the city of Archimedes which has become a symbol of the Greek and Roman domination. We will visit the Roman amphitheater, the Greek Theater, the Latomie del Paradiso, the Ear of Dionysus and the tomb of Archimedes. We will then proceed with a visit of the “living room” of the city: the island of Ortigia, where in the huge main square we can admire the cathedral and the Aretusea Fountain. You will be free to have lunch at one of the local restaurants and then we will take a naturalistic trip on a boat with a specialized guide to discover the marine caves and the rocks that surround the coasts of Syracuse. At 5:30pm we will go back to Bronte to have dinner at the B&B.
- 4th Day: breakfast and at 9:00am we will leave to visit the Calatabiano Castle, which was built on a hill that gives onto the sea. From this hill, which can be accessed through an elevator, we can really have a taste of a typical Sicilian landscape. You can have lunch in the city of Acireale and then we will leave for the Riviera dei Ciclopi (Cyclopes Coastline), a natural park created in1986, which includes Lachea Island and the Faraglioni (huge rocks in the sea which are objects of many myths). We will also admire the towns of Acitrezza and Acicastello. We will come back to Bronte to have dinner at the B&B.
- 5th Day: breakfast and then we will leave to Catania to talk a walk in the city. We will visit the cathedral, the Duomo Square, with the statue of the elephant made of lava rock, and St. Agata Cathedral. We will eat a cannolo in one of the typical pastry shops of the center of the city.The transfer to the airport or to another location will be discussed depending on the needs of the participants.
Places: Etna,Alcantara Gorges, Taomina, Catania
Type: culinary, historic, museum, city, castel, boat, nature
Available languages: italian, english
Company "Norman Line"
- 4 nights in a great B&B in Bronte;
- 4 dinners with beverages included;
- car or minibus, parking and check-points;
- transfer from and to Catany airport or other location near Catany;
- professional multilingual guide for 5 days;
- tasting of pistachio products;
- tasting of Etna wines;
- tasting of the Sicilian cannolo;
- visit of the Nelson Castle;
- visit of the Calatabiano Castle;
- boat trip in Syracus;
- insurance for every participant.
Prices do not include:
- Lunches on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th days;
- tickets for the Greek theater of Taormina;
- entry in the archeological site of Syracuse;
- entry in the pathway of the Alcantara Gorge;
- potential other tickets that are not included in the tour;
- everything else that is not indicated in the “prices include” section.
Price for person
|Around the Etna Tour||Group size||Price|
|4/5 people||€ 850|
|8/12 people||€ 650|
|18/21 people||€ 460|
|Reduced for a 3rd bed||€ 60|
|Reduced for a 4rd bed||€ 80|